Thursday, September 24, 2009

Inspirations

September 24, 2009

People often ask me where I get my inspiration for my jewelry. Like any other artist, my reply varies. Often nature plays a big part in my designs, architecture, dance and even music.

The famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright inspired me to do at least two of my bracelets. F.L. Wright built homes all over the US including one in Canton, Ohio but one of his most famous homes is Fallingwater in southwestern Pa. The home is about four hours from my home and we have visited often. The home was built for the Kaufmann family as a weekend retreat. One of our visits to Fallingwater took place in the Fall when the leaves were at their best with all their vibrant colors. The home itself is characterized by strong horizontal and vertical lines with the creek running beneath and along side the home. The scene is nothing less than breathtaking.

On my way home I sketched the "color block bracelet with short fringe" and every time I look at it I remember the beauty of nature and the masterpiece of a genius

No comments:

Post a Comment