Saturday, September 26, 2009

Inspirations







September 26, 2009

We had such a gloomy day today, rained all morning and stayed dark all day. I don't like days like this especially since it has been cloudy all week. I need a certain amount of sunshine to keep me balanced.

And speaking of inspirations, I will tell you what inspired some of my jewelry and how they came to be. The Bib Necklace was inspired by the many western tv shows I saw during the 1960s. I was fascinated by the bandannas the cowboys wore on their neck and how beautifully it draped. I knew I was going to make the same design in jewelry not knowing exactly how it would be done, until I learned off loom bead weaving, then it became an easy but lengthy project.

Another obvious inspiration is my Autumn Leaves Necklace. Once I learned the diagonal peyote stitch, fall colors were a natural choice.

Still another necklace was inspired by my birth country of Greece. There is an old legend that says that when God was creating the Earth, He made the mountains, the valleys and the rivers and when he thought He was finished, He still had a bag of rocks. He thew the rocks over his shoulder and created Greece. It is true Greece has a lot of rocks but also great beauty. The Rocky Road Necklace reminds me walking on the country side where roads are still unpaved

No comments:

Post a Comment