Monday, September 14, 2009

My grandchildren

September 14, 2009

I know many people have grandchildren, but I also know they don't all feel about them the way I feel about mine. After my children were married, it seemed I did not have anything to work for and got depressed. I thought of a song Peggy Lee sang "is that all there is"? little did I know that God had a plan for me and other people with grown kids, it is called "grandbabies".
When I heard that my son and his wife were pregnant, new energy came over me and could not wait for the birth. Looking at my newborn grand daughter's brown eyes I felt total love, joy, and peace. She has grown to be a precious human being, full of love, kindness, acceptance toward others, talented and intelligent.

After Dari I had two more from my daughter, a girl and a boy and with every birth the love and joy got bigger, I have no idea where I store it for it consumes me. There is no day that goes by that I don't think of them, and when I encounter life's problems and frustrations all I have to do is think of them and feel better instantly. So, please allow me to brag about them a little. They are both voracious readers, Nana read at college level when she was in 6th grade and Jack read at 8th grade level when he was in 3rd grade. Not only that, they are kind, loving, talented, considerate and intelligent. My children and their spouses have done an excellent job raising their children.

Tomorrow, I go back to beading

Perie

No comments:

Post a Comment