Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Teaching

September 29, 2009

I had two incredible days, yesterday and today! Yesterday I was invited to teach a class in bead embroidery by the Mohawk Art Club. All women were artists of different media and very talented. Before the class started, the president warned me not to be take it personally if the members talked and did not seem to pay attention to me. I concluded that they may get bored if they did not like what I was teaching and that was fine with me - can't please everybody all the time.

Time passed and there was hardly a sound coming out of these women, they were all concentrating on what they were doing and I was intrigued with the beautiful designs they had sketched and planned to make. The two hours passed like a breeze for me as well as for them, most of them did not want to leave when the time was up and vouched to finish their project and bring it to the next meeting so they can take pictures to send me.

My second exciting day was this evening with my regular peyote intensive class. These women are so dedicated, they want to learn as much as they can and their enthusiasm is contagious. They want to have another intensive class with a different stitch and I would like this very much.

Now is time to work on my friend's bracelet and prepare for the Holidays for my etsy shop......

No comments:

Post a Comment